Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Microsoft Virtual Video Drive

Interesting video from Microsoft. But I can't help thinking it is missing the mark.

As cool as this is, I can't help thinking that this is not going to be the future of driving directions. It assumes that you will get your directions before you get in the car – and the Virtual Video Drive tool then helps you remember the route. (I already have too much stuff to cram in my limited short-term memory). It seems like a real high tech approach to the old fashioned way of getting directions.

I think the future is clearly going to be a connected nav experience - whether it's on your phone or embedded in your vehicle. Accordingly, the focus should be more on leveraging technology like this to provide the most appropriate audio guidance and visual cues at the exact time you need them while you are driving.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/20/video-microsoft-may-one-up-google-street-view-with-virtual-vide/

No comments:

Post a Comment